When paying for your groceries at Walmart, you have several options. The store chain accepts different paying methods, such as cash, Visa, MasterCard, and various credit cards. But does Walmart take Apple Pay?
Read on for all the answers!
Does Walmart Accept Apple Pay?
1. Does Walmart Accept Apple Pay in Store?
At Walmart, Apple Pay is not accepted as a means of payment. That said, there are several other payment methods to rely on. This store takes all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc) and Walmart gift cards with a certain amount of money on them. So, you have plenty of options to choose from when paying for your groceries, clothes, cosmetics, or copies of keys at Walmart.
2. Does Walmart Online Take Apple Pay?
Even though you can’t use Apple Pay to make purchases in Walmart stores, you can use it for shopping online at walmart.com. Simply add your Walmart credit or debit card to your Apple Wallet and select it as your payment method during checkout. You’ll then be able to use Apple Pay just like any other credit or debit card.
As Walmart statistics show, online shopping at this store’s website is becoming increasingly popular. The upward trend started in 2020, when Walmart’s e-commerce sales grew by 74%, and the company has been improving its online business ever since.
3. Why Doesn't Walmart Take Apple Pay?
As Business Insider explains, Walmart doesn’t accept Apple Pay because of a legal agreement between Merchant Customer Exchange (MCX) and Walmart Pay. If it decided to take Apple Pay, Walmart would have to pay a 2% credit card fee for every transaction. The decision was to allow customers to use Apple Pay only online and through the Apple Wallet app to avoid this extra fee.
4. Does Walmart Accept Google Pay and Samsung Pay?
The short answer is no. Only the Walmart mobile payments app, Walmart Pay, is accepted at this store. As far as it’s known, Walmart doesn’t plan to accept Apple Pay, Google Pay, or any other mobile payment method in the near future.
5. How to Pay at Walmart with a Phone
You can use your phone at Walmart for contactless payment, but the payment has to be conducted through the Walmart app. Luckily, installing and using this app is very straightforward, similar to creating a Walmart Plus membership.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Download the Walmart app from the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play Store (for Android devices).
- Open the app and sign in or create a new account.
- Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen and select “Wallet.”
- Select “Add a Credit/Debit Card.”
- Enter your card information and tap “Add Card.”
- To use Walmart Pay, simply open the app and sign in. Then, go to any Walmart store and tap on the “Walmart Pay” button at the bottom of the screen. Hold your phone up to the QR code scanner at the register and follow the on-screen instructions.
That’s all you need to know about using Walmart Pay. As you can see, it’s a very convenient way to pay for your groceries, and you won’t even have to take your wallet with you when shopping. Just make sure your phone is charged!
Although Walmart does not take Apple Pay in stores, you can use it to shop online at the store chain’s website. You can also use Walmart’s mobile payment system, Walmart Pay, for in-store and online purchases. So, there are several alternative ways to pay for your groceries at this store, and it’s up to you to choose the one you find most convenient.