Everybody thinks you need a 9-to-5 job to make a decent living and that only a “real job” will turn you into a productive member of society. Well, they’re wrong.
In this article, we’ll explain how to make money without a job and start turning your life around by doing things you love.
Whether you’re on a lengthy job hunt, looking for a side hustle, or just want a new career, there’re ways for you to make $100, $200, or even $500 in a single day.
Ways to Make Money Without a Job
Some of these methods involve working remotely, while others require you to be physically present. Either way, these are all excellent ways to earn a living without getting a traditional job.
1. Flipping stuff on Amazon
Did you know you can make a lot of money flipping dollar-store stuff and clearance items online—for example, on Amazon?
All you need to do is find cheap items at Walmart, Costco, or your local dollar store, and then enroll in Amazon’s FBA program for small businesses.
What makes this one of the most accessible ways to make money without working is that you don’t have to worry about any of the hassles that come with running a traditional online store. Just send stuff in, and Amazon takes care of the rest.
Check out: How to Get Free Stuff on Amazon
Don’t you wish you could share your opinion online or inform others on matters close to your interests and get paid for it?
Well, that’s what blogging is all about! Choose your niche, set up your website by hiring a website designer or on your own through WordPress plugins, and write away your troubles!
All you need is a small $50 to $200 initial investment to get into one of the best ways to earn money without a job.
If you speak a foreign language fluently, why don’t you try freelance translating?
Getting into freelancing is as easy as registering with Upwork, Freelancer, or Fiverr and setting up an account. In your case, you’ll need to advertise your proficiency in the languages you want to be translating to and from, and you’ll be good to go.
4. Video editing
Video editing requires an investment in a beefy PC, but it can turn into a lifelong career and is one of the best ways to make money without a job. You can find clients through freelance platforms like the ones mentioned above.
You also need to be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects) to maximize your chances. Preparing a few video samples for potential clients to see would help you get better-paying gigs.
5. Publishing an e-book
Have you always dreamed of having your manuscripts published? Today, you can! There’re many ways you can publish your e-book without investing any money—for example, through Amazon KDP, Rakuten, or Barnes & Noble Press.
6. Freelance writing
Freelance writing is among the most convenient ways to make money while unemployed since you only need a computer and an internet connection to get started. Seasoned writers can earn $1,000 per day, while as a newbie, you can expect to make around $80 to $100 per day if you put your mind to it.
Housesitting is a perfect way to get some cash doing very light work, like watering plants or watching after pets.
It’s also super easy to find people who need a housesitter. Just log into some dedicated housesitting websites like housesitter.com or nomador.com to get started!
If you’re looking for easy ways to make money without a job, driving for Uber or Lyft is one uncomplicated option. The demand for rideshare drivers nowadays is enormous thanks to these two companies, and you’ll be making a decent salary doing a few rides every day.
9. Pet sitting
If you love being around animals, you should consider pet sitting. It’s enjoyable, you’ll stay all day with people’s pets, and you’ll get paid for it!
If you need some help finding clients, check out dedicated websites such as Rover and Fetch, or go the traditional route by watching after pets in your neighborhood first and expanding through referrals afterward.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Earn Money Without a Job
Want to know some more ways to make money without having a job? Here they are:
- You can try online paid surveys. There’re loads of websites that reward you with points or cash for filling out surveys based on your interests.
- You could try your hand at streaming on platforms like Twitch or Youtube. If you grow your audience enough, you may get sponsorships that’ll bring you more money!
- You can become a tutor. Visit a tutoring website like Tutor.com, partner with a local school, or find your own clients and work from home.
2. How to Make Money Without Working
There’re some other ways to earn money without working. Let’s check them out:
- You can start a podcast and even ask friends to join you to discuss topics you’re all interested in. Listen to some of your favorite podcasts on Spotify or Youtube and analyze why you like them and how you could improve on their formula.
- Writing reviews on your blog, under Amazon listings, or through third-party websites is an easy way to earn some money.
- Finally, you could help people organize their lives by becoming a virtual assistant. Turn to Upwork or Freelancer to find clients.
3. How to Make Money as a Teen
Making some extra cash as a teen is a perfect way to fund your hobbies or save money for later.
- Becoming an influencer on social media can lead to numerous exciting opportunities besides making quite a bit of cash. Choose a platform, build a following, and watch the money from sponsors and views start coming in.
- Doing art commissions can be very profitable. You may not get a lot of work at first, but it’ll start to pile up once you make a name for yourself on your chosen platform. Our preferred picks are Deviantart, Etsy, and Instagram.
4. How to Make Money in High School
Even high-schoolers can make some cash in their free time without finding a traditional job.
- Dropshipping is all the rage these days. All it takes is basic knowledge of platforms like Shopify or Spocket and a small initial investment to set up and host your website. You won’t have to worry about logistics at all, just the occasional customer service request and, of course, marketing.
- Another viable option that requires little to no effort is Amazon Mechanical Turk, a crowdsourcing marketplace where you can apply your skills performing everyday tasks for which you get paid.
5. How to Make Money in College
Did you know that college students spend an average of $547 a month just on food? So let’s see how you can earn money while in college.
- Why don’t you consider becoming a loan signing agent? All it takes is filling out an application for a notary commission, learning the trade through an online guide like the Loan Signing System, and entering your name into a database.
- If you can type fast, you could try your hand at doing transcription work. The demand for quality transcribers online is incredible, and you can start by looking on freelancing platforms like Upwork or Freelancer.
6. How to Make Money Over the Summer
There’re numerous ways to make money over the summer, even if you can’t find a traditional job.
- Delivering food is a reliable and easy way to earn some cash during the summer. You’ll need a driver’s license in most cases, but sometimes a bike will do.
- Agent Anything is a student-focused service similar to Amazon Mechanical Turk, where you can do common tasks in exchange for money.
From drawing art to streaming your favorite games on the internet, there’re hundreds of ways you can make money without working 9 to 5. Even monetizing hobbies can make you financially stable.
Have fun trying some of them out, and good luck!